I am a Product + UX Designer with a strong background in front-end development; Experienced in building SaaS based B2B & ecommerce based B2C products. Skilled at planning, managing and delivering innovative solutions; Working closely with cross-functional teams; Comfortable in collaborating with a global base of external & internal stakeholders.
In my last role, I worked within the Product Management division to:
- Hire, train and lead a team of creatives
- Launch the ground-up redesign of core B2B Enterprise product-line
- Ship 3 vertical applications for Governments & large-scale corporates
- Design (and subsequently scrap) a pivot towards a new market
- Establish a Library of data-rich components; Initiate an Enterprise Design System for UX/UI style guide
In short, I am committed to taking products and projects from napkin sketch ideas all the way to completion; and beyond.
Lead User Experience Designer Quark Software Inc, Chandigarh (March 2016 — Present)
Quark is a leader in content automation and streamlines the creation, management, publishing and delivery of business-critical content.
- Hired, trained and led a team of creatives: Junior & Senior UX Designers; Marketing focused Graphic & Web Designers/Developers.
- Launched the next-generation redesign of the core B2B enterprise line by partnering and collaborating with Product Management, Engineering & Customer Success.
- Shipped 3 vertical solutions for governments & corporates.
- Established the Quark UX Library of data-rich components; Initiated the Quark Design System for UX/UI style guide.
Principal Designer, Co-founder CVmill, Chandigarh (Mar 2015 — Mar 2016)
CVmill.com was an e-commerce platform that was accepted into the Startup Leadership Program.
- Designed & developed the mobile-first web presence with a backend CMS, order management system & payment gateway integrations.
- Designed & developed the cloud hosted public profiles for customers to share their resumes on the web.
User Experience Designer Creative Cranes, Chandigarh (Jan 2010 — Jan 2015)
Creative Cranes was a web & branding agency for small and medium businesses.
- Designed & developed web-based solutions for small to mid-sized companies.
- Consulted & implemented growth strategies for small businesses.
Web Developer Anautix Studios, Chandigarh (Oct 2007 — Dec 2009)
MBA, Technology & International Business L P University, Punjab (2019)
PG.D, Advertising & Public Relations Panjab University, Chandigarh (2012)
Bachelor of Computer Applications Panjab University, Chandigarh (2007)
- User Interface Design and Interaction Design - User Research and User Journey Mapping
- Information Architecture and Wireframing
- Usability Testing and Heuristic Evaluation
- Rapid Prototyping: Sketch, UXPin, Adobe XD, Figma, Invision, Framer
- Front-end Development: HTML, CSS/SASS, Javacsript, MEAN Stack
- Agile and Lean Methodologies
- Product Growth: Customer Experience, Promotional Marketing and Social Tactics
- Business Analytics and Customer Insights
- A big-picture thinker; ambitious; personable
- Delivery-focused and values collaboration
- Strong at communicating design intent – verbally and visually
- Deep sense of emptahy with a passion to create meaningful experiences
Awards and Certifications
- Outstanding Achievement Award
- Startup Leadership Program (SLP)
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Former VP of Chandigarh Toastmasters
- Calligraphy and Hand Lettering